Monday, January 18, 2016

Winter in 1C and 1N

Winter in Kuwait is not like winter in many other parts of the world - especially Canada. I was able to go home to Canada for the winter break to see my friends and family, but also to experience winter. I really wanted to share this experience with the class.

I built a few snowmen outside of my house and brought back photos of them to share with the class. We discussed the snowmen and wrote a journal entry about it.

Another way to share the winter season with the students was through the gingerbread cookie houses I brought back from Canada, to make with the classes. We were able to construct our houses using cookies at the walls and roof, and icing as the glue to hold it all together. Students were given candy to help decorate the house, and we used marshmallows to build a snowman. 

We used the cookie house as inspiration for our second journal entry that week. 

Once we were done discussing the cookie house and using adjectives to describe it - we ate it! Yum!




3 comments: